2011年5月19日木曜日

Review of Widlfrire 2

Have you ever faced a problem that some of your contacts cannot sync with google exactly?

Here is my report of how to import all contacts into new moible phone, Wildfire, from old feature phone, Sony Ericson, and achieve synchronizing with google.

When I bought Wildfire, all contacts are stored in feature phone. At first, all data was moved onto SIM card on old phone, and then remove and insert SIM card into Wildfire. I copied all contacts data into Wildfire from SIM card. At the last, I set sync option with google. I believed that I finished all setting.

A few days later, I taught my wife how to use gmail contacts and Wildfire's contacts, but I realized that it was wrong understanding. Only a few contacts were uploaded google account!! The reason was that the contacts which was newly stored directly by Wildfire was identified as "google", while the contacts which was already stored SIM card was identified as "phone." The contacts which is "google" can be sync with google, while "phone" was not. I've tried to change the status from "phone” to "google" in detail settings, but it was impossible. Finally I decided to apply the following way:

1. Backup current data into SD card: "Contacts"->"Menu"->"Import/Export," export into SD card.
2. Delete all data on Wildfire: "Contacts"->"Menu"->"Delete"->"Menu"->"select all"->"Delete"
3. Import contacts of SD card into google: "Contacts"->"Menu"->"Import/Export,"->identify contacts which is exported above, and select into google, but not phone.

As a result, all contacts are successfully synchronized with google.

My wife is very pleased because she can revise contacts information through PC, which is much more easy/comfortable for her to modify it and to be quick.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿