2011年5月2日月曜日

Push Notification for Gmail on iphone 4

Today I have ordered HTC wildfire, white, via PC-home for my wife, who are using feature phone of Sony Ericsson, but after over two years has passed, several features hasn't worked well, e.g., Camera, and Battery... I was very surprised that she decided to use smart phone because she is not good at 3C products at all. But this is good chance for not only my wife but also me. Since my phone is iphone4, The chance to study Android phone has come. I don't know Android at all, but I wanna report Android and HTC wildfire as much as possible.

Although I wrote likely that I am familiar with iphone4, actually every day I found out new features in iphone 4. Here I wanna summary one setting which is related to Gmail Push Notification, プッシュ通知,

Is there anyone who is confused this function even if you set it to Push, but actually it doesn't work well. The reason was the setting of server type. As a result, its setting must be Microsoft Exchange Server. Yes, I know gmail is not microsfot, but this was tricky. Anyway, please refer the step below:

1. アカウントの追加->Microsoft Exchange


2. Fill in the information

  •   メール: mail address of gmail
  •   ドメイン: gmail.com
  •   ユーザ名: mail address of gmail
  •   パスワード: password of gmail
3. The column of server is shown up

  •   サーバー: m.google.com
4. Save

After I test it, Push function worked well.I need to check its power consumption, as well. Anyway now I'm very happy and appreciate http://blog.pc-logon.com/?p=2927 !!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿